I didn't know Esther well. She was a friend of friends. After she passed away, there was a box filled with snapshots she'd taken. Many were recognizable theatre celebs of long ago. Other photos were of her and others. Some photos had inscriptions on the reverse, which I've noted. Others had nothing. This box was destined for the trash bin. I saved it.


18 November 2009

MY FAVORITE PHOTO OF THEM ALL!

I just adore this one....so provocative..so, so...Esther! How brazen she was, right there on Revere Beach, June 1948. Can'tcha just hear that oil sizzle on that thigh?

4 comments:

The Cool Cookie said...

Good heavens, Coppertone used this image for YEARS on billboards all over the Eastern Seaboard!

I can only imagine the fight that the piece of elastic at that woman's groin put up as those red nailed fingers swirled the lotion towards the other woman's sand encrusted loin area. Ouch and eeeeewwww! (As a side note the security word that I have to two in the box to post this spells out "mydress")

Dusty said...

LOL!

Unknown said...

Thats my Auntie - I adored her!

normadesmond said...

Howdy Unknown Nephew or Niece! Hope you find this site the homage I hoped it would be. Everything here was going to be thrown out, but I got it from Richard & Ralph.